Welcome to this Perfume Bottle Scenery (Photo) Display tutorial made for Graphic 45 Brand Ambassador Blog Post June 2022, featuring Graphic 45 Alice’s Tea Party Collection. I am going to share with you a written tutorial for this project, together with a free template download and a video tutorial as well.
Photo Display is always my favourite technique, I can change the theme every time, challenge myself on how to make it, and of course, I can display them on a shelf like a home decoration or a photo frame. In this project, I used toothpicks to stand up the photos, so I can take them out, or change them from time to time.
Here for you first is the photo gallery of the Perfume Bottle Scenery (Photo) Display:
In this paper collection, I love so much the rabbit and the flower pattern, so they have the priority to be included in my photo display. I chose two photos of my kids for this project because the pink dress matched the flower pattern perfectly, and my boy’s playful face matched the teapot character.
Flower dies are always one of my favourite tools. Graphic 45 Tag, Pocket & Butterfly Dies come with four different sizes of flower, and also four different styles of leaves, I used the flower dies to make the roses in this project, it’s easy and you can check out the YouTube tutorial at the bottom of this post on how to make it (at 30:50).
Let’s get started with the Scenery (Photo) Display tutorial and have fun!
Graphic 45 Supply List:
Alice’s Tea Party 8×8 Paper Pad
Alice’s Tea Party 12×12 Paper Pad
Alice’s Tea Party 12×12 Patterns & Solids Paper Pad
Alice’s Tea Party Ephemera Assortment
Large Tag, ATC Tag, and Flower Dies
Tag, Pocket & Butterfly Dies
Classic Ivory & Natural Linen Trim
Other Materials I Used:
Template (download here)
Toilet Tissue Roll
Glass/Plastic Diamond Decoration (Optional, can make an origami one instead)
Metal, Wood and Glass Decoration (Optional)
Click here to download the Perfume Bottle Scenery (Photo) Display template, they are in actual size on A4 paper.
Step by step tutorial:
Forming the perfume bottle body:
- Ready your template and essential materials. Download the free template here.
2. Cut a piece of chipboard and a piece of acetate with the Front/Back template.
3. Cut one piece of chipboard, each, for the Base and the Cover.
4. Cut two pieces of acetate with the Side template.
5. Connect them together, as shown, using connecting strips. If you are the first time in my tutorial, please check my previous post on how to make connecting strips, Step 4.
6. Prepare 4pc of connecting strips with dogteeth on one side.
7. Adhere all four pieces on the two acetate sides. Connect the base with the two sides.
8. Wrap up the cover with paper, and connect it with the base with a connecting strip.
9. Cover the inside of the base and the cover with paper.
10. Finish the bottle shape by adhering the last two connecting strips with the front acetate.
11. Cut 3pc of cardboard with the base template and adhere them together.
12. Wrap the cardboard stuck with paper and adhere it to the base inside the bottle.
Adding the top
13. Cut 1in from a toilet tissue roll.
14. Wrap the toilet tissue roll section with paper with half-inch margin on each side.
15. Cut both the margins like dogteeth.
16. Adhere on the top as shown.
17. Add a bit of strong glue on the top dogteeth and adhere the glass/plastic diamond decoration on, better leave it overnight to dry. If you don’t have such kind of decoration, can use an origami one instead.
Finishing the perfume bottle
18. Cover the back of the bottle with paper.
19. Cover the base with paper.
20. Start to decorate the perfume bottle with your favourite assortment pieces and/or fussy cuts. If you would like to learn how to use make the roses with Graphic 45 Large Tag, ATC Tag, and Flower Dies, please check out my video tutorial below (at 30:50).
Here is the YouTube video tutorial, enjoy!